At The Ayrlington we pride ourselves on the quality of our accommodation and customer service. We are also committed to the implementation of proactive measures to help protect the environment for future generations.
We have taken the following measures to ensure our impact as a business is as small as possible. Although some of the items mentioned are seemingly only minor, they all help to reduce our environmental impact.
- We operate a strict no-smoking policy.
- We hope you share our enthusiasm for a sustainable environment.
- We use an environmentally friendly laundry and minimise the needless washing of unused towels.
- We use locally grown produce and local suppliers for maintenance, goods and services.
- We encourage you to switch the television off, rather than using standby.
- Our toilets are fitted with a dual flush facility to minimise water consumption.
- The Ayrlington’s external lighting is turned off from midnight, to reduce power consumption and low energy lighting is used where possible.
- We reduce the heating temperature in the rooms, although you are more than welcome to turn this up, please ask if you unsure how to do this.